If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Jamaica. Day Three. 10.20.2012

Patiently waiting for the little knock on our door from the first cup of the day delivery I seem to be one of only a few that have risen. The sound of running water is just about the only sound accompanying me right now as I sit on our cute modern outdoor sofa made of concrete and leather which sits across from a little cozy wicker chair and the coffee table that will be holding up our breakfast in about 10 minutes or so. Yesterday turned into to a fun filled day of water sports and sun bathing! We started with paddle boarding which we really enjoyed. Then tried out the kayak. I think we rowed 20 feet and turned around to come back in. Not our cup of tea. Then by far our favorite, we walked down to our friend, Bob's where we rented a jet ski and drove it to this tiny island off the coast of Negril. It was an island of cliffs and caves with small little sandy beaches in between. The reef hugged the outskirts so it was hard to get too close but made for a beautiful 40 min ride. Of course we had to do some shopping so we walked down the beach to Margaritaville to score a colorful tee for my dad and then made a few stops along the way if something would catch our eye. The beach is lined with one bright sorbet colored building after the other. All the ladies stand out front yelling "princess would you like to try a message" "sweetheart would you like to look at my bracelets" Then the men walk up and down the beaches selling everything from parasailing rides to hand carved wood sculptures to lobster pulled right from the ocean. Needless to say we turned in early last night! Now I am up, sitting here with a fresh pot of coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, and homemade pastries while Jeremy is getting some much needed rest for this last day of our vacation. Wonder what this beautiful island will bring us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment