If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Jamaica. Day Two. 10.19.2012

The glowing 6:58 staring at me this morning almost seemed like it was calling me to pull myself out of bed. Jeremy still sleeping I made a pot of perfectly dark, slightly sweetened coffee and joined my lizard friend out on the porch. We had an eventful day yesterday. We started with breakfast at The Palms, another fabulous meal followed by three hours of lounging on the beach. The hotel provides these magical carpet-like floats you take out into the ocean. After a couple of hours in the sun and a few too many mojitos we thought we should venture out and take a walk into town. Little did we know it was quite far. After about 45 minutes of the sun beating down on us we hopped in one of the taxis (which is so unlike New York) They literally honk every 10seconds to see if you want a ride so there is no hailing involved! We asked the driver to take us to Three Dives which was a local spot we had read about. The food was the best so far and the view was amazing. The small hut sat on top of a cliff looking over the crystal clear water that ran in and out of different caves. After lunch we made our way to Rick's Cafe famous for it's "cliff jumpers" If you have never heard of it you must google and check this place out. It's a bar with a pool on a cliff where you watch these crazy people jump from an 85foot platform built on a swaying tree into a body of the most beautiful water you've ever seen. Definately one of the craziest things I've seen in my lifetime. Jeremy jumped from the 35foot platform. I wanted to come back the following day to try it myself until I saw Jeremy's backside, which got me in trouble. When we got back to the hotel he laid down for an hour to relax and when he woke up I asked "how are you feeling" He responded "I'm not 21 anymore" and then I looked. It was as if I was in a Ben Stiller movie. The whole bottom of his rear end was black and blue and he could barely sit in the cushion chair we had in our room. I tried hard not to laugh because I know it had to be painful but it was hard not to. Poor Jeremy but we both got a good laugh out of the situation. I have a feeling the rest of the trip will be pretty chill as we were originally planning to go out on jet skis today. So now I will just sit on our porch with my coffee in hand waiting to see what Jeremy's hind parts feel like doing today...poor guy;)

No comments:

Post a Comment