If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

The Return


No, my posts did not come to a complete hault. I have just returned to reality. This morning as I woke up there was no husband standing in the sunlight with a cup of steaming coffee. No sound of the ocean streaming in through an open window. No bathingsuit hanging out on the porch left to dry. No, instead I made my way down the stairs, looking out the windows at the left over snow and the carrot nose of my snowman, which had fallen to the ground due to the melting of his face. My coffee cup sat on the counter beside a fresh brewed pot with the creamer and sugar waiting patiently for me to start the day. Jeremy was getting ready for work and Vader was following my every move, making sure we weren't going too far for too long of a time. I have to say I am some what glad we came back when we did, seeing snow for the first time this year. The day before J and I built a snowman, a "small" snowman, but it was a snowman equiped with scarf and all. We also took the snowboard out for a run on the hill beside our house. Work was called off and we were able to extend our vacation, this time with snow, a fireplace and blanket, a hot cup of "guess what", and Vader cuddled up between our laps. So, all and all you can have a vacation at home if weather permits, and loved ones are by your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment