If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Twelve. Jan.24.2010

Our final day in Santa Teresa started with a cup of heaven and a banana crepe from "Zwart's" joining the whole group to say our goodbyes. We snapped a photo with Margriet Zwart, Whom we had discovered is this incredibly talented artist from Ontario. Her artwork was laid out in the room we noticed weeks ago and she was always sitting in her studio with a cup of coffee and a paint brush in hand. It was almost sad to leave, as if you were leaving a new familybehind. We piled in the truck with the boys driving and navigating and us girls in the back with the little guy. As we drove off I knew Brandy and Skip would be returning to their spot, Margriet would be painting a fascinating piece of art onto drift wood, her husband would be serving someone a delicious "carrot, beet, and apple" juice, and the little boy that always stood outside to greet you would still be standing there wearing a long sleeve shirt with bare bottom exposed. The rest of the day would be spent traveling. A roller coaster of a ride would take us to the ferry I'd rather forget and then a long distance drive into San Jose. Checking into to Best Western, all I could think about was a nice long shower to wash the dirt and grime away and at last savory dinner. A nice cup of Italian coffee to finish off the evening as nightfall approaches and our last night in Costa Rica was coming to an end.

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! Kingston is still asking, "Where Cole go?" If Jeremy thought we were brave to take a 2 year old on that trip, we decided we thought yall were even more brave to go with us knowing a 2 year old would be there!!! Thanks for such a good time with good friends.

    ReplyDelete