If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Eleven. Jan.23.2010


We started the day at "Ginger Cafe" with my first cappuccino of the trip and ended the day at "The Bakery" with my second, a little smaller but accompanied by an out of this world chocolate eclair. I've taken my dessert and coffee back to our room and am now sitting on the porch writing as J watches "Modern Collective" which I must say is probably my favorite surf video solely on the soundtrack. With it's music playing in the background I am remembering our day...the last before we head back to San Jose. Brandy and Skip invited us all to their place this morning. It is about 15 minutes north and the beach was only a short walk leading to another wide and equally beautiful place to hang out for the day. At lunch time we headed up to the house which was owned by Denise & Will's friend. Their house was situated right above and I could see Denise's personal touches through the windows. The counter tops and floors were concrete and colorful artwork covered the walls. I was wishing she would have been there so I could have had a tour of the entire house. All and all our last beach day was just as perfect as the rest of our vacation. Now tomorrow will be a little sad as we pack the truck and head into the city, but for now the night is peaceful and I have my husband beside me, some "rad" music, and about 4 more sips of my savory cappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment