If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day 10. Jan.22.2010

As I'm sitting on the porch, I'm noticing how dark it is around me. The neighbors to the left have moved on, traveling to other parts of Costa Rica, and the boys who are staying above us have not yet returned from their night out...leaving our porch and The Hayne's family porch the only two with lights on. I must say it's relaxing but a bit scary at the same time. This morning I discovered a breakfast so delicious I could have easily ordered it for dessert this evening as well....Banana Crepes with Nutella (which was the first time I have tasted such a thing) We, once again tried our luck at "Zwart's" and was not let down. To burn off this breakfast treat we took a walk. If I had to guess I would say we almost made it to Mal Pais via beach, of course. The walk down was not bad at all but the return walk took us over scorching pebble sand. With the path to the ocean blocked by exposed reef we had to marathon it to the next break. Our feet seemed to sizzle as we hit the water. Beach, pool, lunch, beach, pool, dinner would be the extent of this day. And now I am winding down with coffee in hand and my almost finished second book of the trip, "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your posts so much! Thanks for helping me to keep in touch with my family through you. Have a safe journey back home.

    ReplyDelete