If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Nine. Jan.21.2010

Our cabana is nestled behind large palms with a small table and chairs out front, a hammock to lay on, and two bean bags chairs scattered around the tile patio floor. At night we would pull shut a pair of over sized bright orange curtains, making it almost impossible to know when the sun has come up and our mornings have gradually started later and later. This particular morning a loud sound has startled us both. We pried ourselves out of bed to see what the awful sound was. My first thought was, a monkey!! Sure enough, to the left of our place, up in the trees, sat two monkeys. One was calling to the other, and seemed to be stuck without a branch thick enough to hold the big guy. Nigel and Lori brought Kingston over and we all watched as we noticed a third monkey, then fourth, and before we knew it the trees were filled with monkeys flying through the branches. They brought back memories of my first trip to Costa Rica with my dad. We had monkeys that would come up to our window and eat the bananas or take off with anything shiny you left in their reach. Next we would try a new spot for coffee, "Zwart's Cafe." The atmosphere was very cool. A white picket fence surrounded extra long white tables, and white benches to match. The tables were set with white salt & peppers shakers and antique looking tin sugar holders. They had any kind of coffee you could imagine, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, and so on...attached to the restaurant was an art studio with beautifully painted mirrors, bar stools, and Love Boxes as the artist called them. The owners seemed very nice, one working the restaurant, and the woman was in the studio painting her next piece to add to the collection. We later saw them both out surfing in front of our usual spot. My day was even more lazy than the days before. The tide was low and you could easily lay right on the wet sand while the water washed up every so often, just enough to cool you off. I must have been in that same spot for hours until Jeremy came out of the water and we headed back for lunch and a "siesta".

No comments:

Post a Comment