If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Two. Jan.14.2010

We landed in San Jose and drove for what seemed hours to Hermosa. Yesterday was long and tiring but we were now in paradise and nothing else mattered! This is what I had been looking forward to for weeks. A short walk to “Jungle Surf Café” we would re discover from years before the best cup of coffee and breakfast I had ever had. A fruit plate piled high with bananas, watermelon, papaya, and pineapple which we had just sat there and watched them cut accompanied by my first “café con leche” of the trip. This coffee would prove to be the strongest, most delicious cup of coffee I’d had in a while. The girl behind the counter somehow seemed to know we had been there many times before and each trip left us wanting to return. Each seat in the outdoor café was accompanied by a visitor equally content. This was going to be the start of a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment