If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day One. Jan.13.2010

This morning my routine had changed. Instead of slowly pulling myself out of bed around 8am, throwing my hair into a bun on the top of my head, and smelling the delicious aroma of whichever coffee we had chosen from the store on our last shopping trip, I was just pulling into Dulles International airport at exactly 3:15am. J and I were about to leave for Costa Rica and our flight was scheduled to depart at 5:26am. We had driven overnight, leaving after my nightly shift at work. As we checked in our luggage and headed towards our gate, I was noticing that none of the vendors were open. Each one tempting as you could see beyond the closed gates…”Starbucks”,” Cappuccino”,” Espresso”, and so on. I would have to wait! Our plane was on time and took off shortly after we found our seats. As I sat there wondering how the flight would be my eyes began to feel like brick weights were holding them down and my head was slowly nodding up and down. My eyes were shut minutes after take off. There would be no coffee this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment