If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Three. Jan.15.2010

This morning would be our first and only full day in Hermosa. Just a quick stop in before heading north. Luckily I have a husband who understands the importance of my morning ritual. As I peeled myself off the twin sized bed sharing a room with Lori, Nigel, and their little one, Kingston, I can see Jeremy standing in the sun light holding a small white coffee mug resembling ours at home. Ahhh..he knows me so well. This was the cup that would start the day. The boys would go surfing while we tried to stay cool in the water. The sand was jet black, making the sun feel even more intense. Considering what we had just left at home, 28 degree weather, I was loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment