If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Six. Jan.18.2010

Six fifteen am was the wake up call this morning. The boys would head to the beach and I would sit on the porch with my cup of coffee that I had walked down to Lori’s and made in their coffee maker. It was a strong cup and I wasn’t sure I liked it, but coffee is coffee and I needed it to start the day. Somehow sitting on the porch listening to the ocean and typing on my computer made it taste a little better. A short walk to “Tomate” would be the destination for breakfast. Mmmm…Fresh fruit, once again, this time with granola, yogurt, and honey. My second cup of coffee proved to be way better than the one I attempted to make earlier. The surroundings were a couple of girls, probably on vacation themselves and a few of the local crowd that seemed to park themselves on the same railing every morning. After slowly enjoying our morning girl talk we walked back to get Kingston from his dad’s care and sunscreened up preparing for another relaxing day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment