If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Five. Jan.17.2010

The journey the day before had been a long one, leading us on a scavenger hunt for a place to lay our heads. We finally cuddled up to a nice pillow at a place called “Pacifica Surf” just as the sun had gone down. This was Santa Teresa. A little more populated than any of us remembered. As the sun filtered in through the cracks of the curtains, we all started to make our way out of bed, one by one. Kingston was the first to wake up letting us all know it was time to “eat eat.” The boys, like clockwork, would head to the beach and Lori, Kingston, and I would venture out to find what we needed to start the day. A two minute walk would take us to “Ginger Café.” Small, quaint, and a sign out front that read “Cappucino, Espresso, Desayuno.” Perfect! My first “huevos y tostado” accompanied by another “café con leche”. This timeit was different and I have to say even better than the last. When the waitress brought out each cup it was layered with froth and a little sprinkle of sugar. I was in heaven once again. This cup was going to give us the jolt of energy we would need to spend the rest of the day on the beautiful beach of Santa Teresa. The tide was low, leaving several pools for Kingston to play in. I, on the other hand, spent the entire day laying in the shallow water and reading my vacation book, “Dear John.” This would end up being the first book I had ever completed on a trip! Later that evening Jeremy and I went surfing together, which I always love. This time however, was little different. The waves were big and the white water was thick. One duck dive after the other, each one pulling me to the right as I came up, was making me realize I was out of practice and it had been way too long! Still I pushed though and made it out only to catch my first wave and get held under for what seemed like eternity. My second wave would be the one that took me in. Yes, I only caught two waves but those two waves were an end to a perfect day and will be in the back of my mind for a long time!
http://www.pacificasurfstudios.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment