If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Day Seven. Jan.19.2010

As I sit on the porch of our little cabana, and sip on one of J’s famously poured cups of Costa Rican coffee, I can hear his voice next door say “Happy Birthday Lori!” I had reminded him earlier that today was a special day and we would somehow have to celebrate, after surfing, of course!! Being the wives of two surfers we both have grown up around them and know the deal. When you think about it it’s a pretty sweet obsession we live our lives around….the beach and the ocean, the happiness it brings when the waves are good. Unlike at home, my mornings have become a time for enjoying the early breeze under the deck with a cup of coffee reliving the steps of the day before. We had all agreed that last night’s dinner was the best so far. Tican plates of Arroz con Pollo and Casados con Chuleta with a nice fresca and Imperial. Jeremy and I made a quick trip to the grocery store before turning in to watch a movie on iTunes…Exhaustion set in and I think I must have fallen asleep before the movie ended. The sun and ocean had taken it’s toll and the day, for me, was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment