If you think about it most people start their day with a single cup of coffee. I, however, usually start with two or three. That first cup is the start of my day, made by my husband, with a single splash of half & half and one packet of sugar in the raw always poured into my dean & deluca coffee mug which my mom gave me for Christmas. I don't like to think I'm obsessive but this is the one thing I do base my day around…coffee!

Winter in New York. 12.11.10


New York right before Christmas is hard to beat! Being surrounded by twinkling lights and giant nutcrackers, the snow that falls every so often, the street noise that I have, oddly, found to be soothing, and of course the sound of a $10,000 espresso machine first thing in the morning are just a few of the things that bring me here this time of year! J and I decided to spend part of Christmas in the city and I have become quite comfortable waking up in our teenie tiny apartment, throwing on my boots over my sweatpants, bundling up in an oversized sweatshirt, gloves, and jacket and heading a block down the street to "Think Coffee"! Always crowded I wait in line, order my small cappucino to go, and head back to Mott St. where J is 9 out of 10 times still asleep. I sit on the bed anxiously waiting for him to wake up so we can start out a new day of "who knows what it will bring!" You never know in a city like New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment